We value art as an important part of our children’s entitlement to a broad and balanced curriculum. Art and Design provides the children with opportunities to express their individual thoughts and ideas through developing key art skills. Our aim is to engage, inspire and challenge children, equipping them with the knowledge and skills to experiment, invent and create their own works of art.
As artists our children will:
- Become proficient in drawing, painting, sculpture and other art, craft and design techniques Select and use materials, processes, and techniques skilfully and inventively to realise intentions
- produce creative work, exploring their ideas and recording their experiences
- Use visual language skilfully and convincingly to express emotions, interpret observations and convey insights
- Reflect on, analyse, and critically evaluate their own work and that of others using the language of art, craft and design
- Develop a strong knowledge and understanding of other artists, craft makers and designers and understand the historical and cultural development of their art forms
- Develop independence, initiative, originality, and a passion for art which they can use to develop their creativity