We aim to equip children for the ever-changing digital world and how to keep themselves safe as a discerning digital citizen. Our computing curriculum enables children to have the knowledge and skills to become digital creators as well as users.
As effective coders and users of technology our children will:
- Can understand and apply the fundamental principles and concepts of computer science, including abstraction, logic, algorithms, and data representation
- Develop competence in coding for a variety of practical and inventive purposes, can analyse problems in computational terms, and have repeated practical experience of writing computer programs to solve such problems
- Collect, organise, and manipulate data effectively
- Understand the connected nature of devices
- Connect with others safely and respectfully, understanding the need to act within the law and with moral and ethical integrity
- Communicate ideas well by using applications and devices throughout the curriculum