At Micklefield CE Primary School, we strive to support all children to enable them to achieve. In order to do this, many steps are taken to support them through their learning journey. Quality teaching is vital; however, for some children, there are occasions when further additional support may be needed to help them achieve their full potential.
What do I do if I think my child might have special educational needs?
- Please contact the school and arrange a meeting with your child’s class teacher and /or Mrs Loring, our Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO).
- We will listen carefully to your concerns and discuss appropriate actions to support your child. This might involve seeking the advice of other professionals if necessary.
What specialist services and expertise are available or accessed by the school?
We have access to a broad range of services to support our children with SEN and/ or disabilities in school. These include:
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- CAHMS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service)
- School Nursing
Team Educational Specialists:
- Educational Psychology
- Complex Needs Team
- STARS Team (Autism outreach service)
We recognise the need for early support and intervention and have close links with the Early Years Team in Leeds to support children, staff and parents in Reception.
Our links with Garforth Extended Services also enable us to direct parents/ carers to other services that might be available to support them or their child.
How accessible is the school?
As a school, we are happy to discuss individual access requirements. Facilities we have at the moment include level access to school to make the building accessible to all and a disabled toilet facility.
Who can I contact for further information?
Please contact the school office who will be able to pass on your query to the relevant member of staff. If you would like to apply for a place they will also be able to give you information on how to apply. There is also a section of our website which covers this.
If I wish to discuss something about my child?
Please contact your child’s class teacher via email or speak to the school office to arrange an appointment.